Here below is some explanation on the various instrumentation and bottles as used in Jungle Dance.
• Small Bottle (high) = a very small bottle or pen-cap (about 2 cl. or less). Can be selected by the players.
• Small Bottle (low) = a small bottle or pen-cap, sounding a bit lower compared to 'Small Bottle high' (about 3 cl. or less). Can be selected by the players.
• Bird Whistle = any whistle that can produce 3 pitches with a flutter-like sound (or add a flutter sound yourself). Very good is a so-called samba-whistle.
• Bass Bottle = any big bottle (wine bottle or bigger) is ok. It is adviced that the player chooses a bottle which sounds well.
• 2nd basflute /alto /C-flute = intended for very beginners. This part does not nessecarily to be performed since it is a simplified version of the First Bass Flute part. Prefered is to have more players performing the First Bass Flute part.
An advice for dividing the part scores when performing Jungle Dance with a larger flute ensemble. The indications behind the instruments names indicate the level (about) from (A) = beginner, till (C) = advanced